Forshee & Lockwood, P.A. offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients in a variety of industries. We strive to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing financial and regulatory environment.
Listed below are the professional services that we offer. These services are by no means all-inclusive. Please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed below.
Tax Consulting & Compliance Services
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include but are not limited to:
- Tax planning consulting & return preparation
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Taxing authority representation
- State and local tax consulting
- Divorce and support issues
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
Business Consulting Services
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business. The following is just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Type of entity selection
- Buying/selling a business
- Computer systems
- Financial & retirement decisions
- Estate, trust & gift planning
Trust and Estate Planning
Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of getting your financial affairs in order.
Audits, Reviews and Compilations
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company's profitability and efficiency. We provide financial reporting on all three levels of assurance:
- Audit- an intensive examination with the highest level of assurance
- Review - some analytical procedures conducted with limited assurance
- Compilation - based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- Computerized payroll services
- Business tax return preparation (Sales & Use/Business Property)
- Personal financial statements
- Litigation support
Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis and are the foundation of a successful business. Our qualified staff can assist you with the day-to-day tasks associated with bookkeeping.
Due to our diverse client base, we encounter a wide array of financial and tax issues. As a result, we have gained valuable experience over the years in numerous specialized areas, many of which are listed below. We feel our ability to provide such a variety of services reflects our versatility and competency, as well as our dedication to quality client service.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Asset protection
- Investment review
- Litigation support
- Cash flow forecasting
- Employee benefit plans
- Expert witness services
- Internet commerce